Re: having trouble installing on new pc

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: having trouble installing on new pc
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:39:48 +0100

On 11 April 2013 23:33, <address@hidden> wrote:
Would gladly send a donation to the foundation if I can get someone to help me get up and running.  I had a programmer write me a script that used Octave years ago.  He installed Octave on my PC and all I had to do was open a dos window type a few things and the script would run.  Looking at the version I had on my old pc the folder it was in was 3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0.

While I am an above average computer user getting this installed has been a nightmare and I haven't been able to get it to work.  My PC is running windows 7 Pro 64BIT so if someone could point me to a download link that would work and some instructions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Sal

When you "type a few things" what errors do you see?

Perhaps it was set up so octave had to be in your system's path? Is it? (The installers don't do this by default on windows).

There are no huge issues with any of the pre-compiled versions of Octave on win 7. Indeed, if 3.2.4 worked for you, I think it still will.

--
/* andy buckle */