Re: problem with printing graphics to file Octave 3.6.4, manual install,

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: problem with printing graphics to file Octave 3.6.4, manual install, windows
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 00:31:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Jun 16, 2013, at 04:33 PM, nitnit <address@hidden> wrote:

ossands wrote
> 1) When I command that an eps file be made, it makes an eps file. However
> the error shows-up as before. I'm unable to determine if the eps file is
> fully formed as I have no way of viewing eps files.
>
> 2) When I command a pdf file be made, it also makes a pdf. However, the
> error shows up as before. Viewing of the file shows that the axes are laid
> out and a single horizontal line is made above the x axis but nothing else
> is in the graphic. It appears that ghostscript is having trouble with the
> graphic as it is reading it from Octave.

Can you check with a text editor whether there are any Nan values in the
eps file ?

On the gl2ps help list there was mention that OpenGL doesn't specify how NaNs are to be handled.  It is likely that different OpenGL drivers and graphics cards do things differently.

Can you attached an eps-file and tell us the commands you used to produce it.  We'll be able to compare to an eps-file on our end.  Maybe we can gain some insight into where the problem is.

Ben