Re: GUI in Octave

From: lyvic
Subject: Re: GUI in Octave
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 08:41:08 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, I realized my answer was direkt and not to the mailing list. So here
is a copy of what I suggested. Maybe others have better ideas:

Hello Deepak,

I was looking for something similar a few months ago and decided to learn
python, write the GUI in python with Tkinter and use oct2py to communicate
with octave and run my .m-Files.

You will need to plot your data with the matplotlib then. If you are
familiar with python or have already worked with other skript languages, it
will be rather easy for you to figure this one out. It took me a month since
I never touched object oriented programming before or actually any kind of
real programming.

If you think that is a good approach for your problem, let me know and I'll
post some details and links providing more information.

cheers,

Max