problems installing openmpi_ext

From: Francis Poulin
Subject: problems installing openmpi_ext
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:02:51 +0000

Hello,

I have been using octave for a long time now and now want to get into the world of parallel octave.  I see one popular option is openmpi_ext.  I am trying to install the package on my mac (have installed it with fink) and I have downloaded the package and tried it but have failed.  First I need bim, which needs msh 0.0.0, see below. I have installed the only one I can find, which 1.0.8.  Is there a way I can install the old version?

Thanks,
Francis

octave:4> pkg install bim-1.1.2.tar.gz
error: the following dependencies where unsatisfied:
   bim needs msh >= 0.0.0

Francis Poulin
Associate Professor
Associate Chair, Undergraduate Studies