RE: Saving Files in Octave

From: Babson, John Freeman [AP]
Subject: RE: Saving Files in Octave
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 06:25:43 +0000

Dear Jordi and Louis,

Gentlemen, thank you very very much. Your hints proved most useful. Indeed,
much as I suspected, I was overlooking the obvious. Unlike ET, my PATH did not
phone HOME.

The default PATH on Mac OSX does not include either "/sw/bin" (we are using the
fink installation) nor ".". Once I created a .bash_profile file in the with the
appropriate additions everything works -- 'help', 'save', and 'load'.

Thanks again for your timely and helpful responses. Now we can go challenge
some students.

John