Re: inputdlg error : HeadlessException

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: inputdlg error : HeadlessException
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 05:40:58 -0700 (PDT)

alxsal wrote
> Hello,
> I have an error using the inputdlg function in Octave, and did not find
> how to solve it :
>
> octave:5> prompt={'Width', 'Heigth'};
> octave:6> dim=inputdlg(prompt, 'Enter dimensions');
> error: [java] java.awt.HeadlessException
> error: called from:
> error:   /usr/share/octave/packages/java-1.2.8/inputdlg.m at line 98,
> column 15

That looks more like a Java installation error (i.e. in your Linux
installation, nothing to do with Octave).
On my box (Win7 64 bit with Octave-3.7.5 dev version) those commands work
quite OK.

What operating system do you run (I guess some Linux at first sight)? 32 or
64 bit? which Java version do you have? (& 32 or 64 bit?)
>From the Octave prompt, do:

system ("java -version")

and

javamethods ("java.awt.Frame")