missing CHOLMOD library with octave 3.7.7+

From: Vipin
Subject: missing CHOLMOD library with octave 3.7.7+
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 20:13:09 -0400

Hello,

This is a similar type of question I found in the mailing list in few months back., but I am not sure how they solved this issue.
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/CHOLMOD-library-not-found-td4650968.html
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/UMFPACK-not-found-td4654739.html

I am trying with the recent hg version of the octave repository and still getting the warning message and when running the program I am getting the error message:
Missing CHOLMOD. Sparse cholesky factorization disabled

I have compiled the prerequisite modules and placed the header and shared library files in my env path variables.

hg clone http://www.octave.org/hg/octave

and here is my configure command:

opts="--enable-64"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DEP_PATH/lib

./configure LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DEP_PATH/lib CPPFLAGS="-I$DEP_PATH/include" LIBS="-L$DEP_PATH/lib/ -L/opt/local/lib" LDFLAGS="-L$DEP_PATH/lib/ -L/opt/local/lib" F77=gfortran --prefix=$DEP_PATH/octave  --with-glpk-includedir=$DEP_PATH/include --with-glpk-libdir=$DEP_PATH/lib  --with-qhull-includedir=$DEP_PATH/include/ --with-qhull-libdir=$DEP_PATH/lib --with-qrupdate-libdir=$DEP_PATH/lib/ --with-qrupdate-includedir=$DEP_PATH/include/ $opts --with-umfpack="-lumfpack -lsuitesparseconfig" --with-umfpack-libdir=$DEP_PATH/lib/ --with-umfpack-includedir=$DEP_PATH/include/ --with-cholmod="-lcholmod -lsuitesparseconfig" --with-cholmod-includedir=$DEP_PATH/include/ --with-cholmod-libdir=$DEP_PATH/lib/

From the stdout it is clear that warns about those modules:
checking suitesparse/ccolamd.h presence... yes
checking for suitesparse/ccolamd.h... yes
checking for ccolamd in -lccolamd... yes
checking suitesparse/cholmod.h usability... yes
checking suitesparse/cholmod.h presence... yes
checking for suitesparse/cholmod.h... yes
checking for cholmod_start in -lcholmod... no
configure: WARNING: CHOLMOD library not found.  This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
checking suitesparse/cs.h usability... yes
checking suitesparse/cs.h presence... yes
checking for suitesparse/cs.h... yes
checking for cs_di_sqr in -lcxsparse... yes
checking suitesparse/umfpack.h usability... yes
checking suitesparse/umfpack.h presence... yes
checking for suitesparse/umfpack.h... yes
checking for umfpack_zi_get_determinant in -lumfpack -lsuitesparseconfig... no
configure: WARNING: UMFPACK not found.  This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
checking for suitesparse/umfpack.h... (cached) yes
checking for umfpack_zi_get_determinant in -lumfpack -lsuitesparseconfig... no
configure: WARNING: UMFPACK not found.  This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
checking for dseupd in -larpack... no

Can anybody please help me in configuring octave with CHOLMOD module, I am happy to hear about your comments.

As I mentioned, all header, shared object and include files are located at $DEP_PATH/lib/ $DEP_PATH/incude/suitesparse/

Many thanks in advance, Vipin