Re: Problems install control package

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Problems install control package
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:32:34 -0800 (PST)

rfham wrote
> Just wondering if this got sorted out. I have the same exact problem using
> Windows 7. I used the windows installer ver 3.6.4 to install octave on
> windows. I can install other packages without error but I cannot install
> the control package which is needed for the signal package. I get the same
> error as Beverly M.
>
> It was mentioned that pkg install was not needed.
>
> What do I need to do to install control package.

What installer did you use, the MinGW or MSVC one?

The MinGW "installer" (actually two .7z archives) is "complete" in the sense
that it contains many precompiled packages but also the compilers and build
tools needed to install binary packages.

The MSVC version also bundles many precompiled packages but doesn't have the
compilers and build tools bundled. You'd have to install MS VisualC++
Express yourself (2.2 GB on disk) and before compiling set up the relevant
environment variables. AFAIK all this is carefully explained in the
accompanying README.

Philip