Equivalent RandStream() in Octave?

From: lisa_octave
Subject: Equivalent RandStream() in Octave?
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 23:51:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
Happy holidays!

But I'm stuck with this RandStream() function in my holidays...

My classmate used RandStream() to generate a series of random seeds, but I
have no matlab.. I use Octave and it is not defined there.

Anyone knows if I can find a similar utility in Octave by doing the same
thing?

I've read into matlab docs about this function and I think I am not capable
of writing out my own version....
FYI: http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/randstream.randstream.html

Thanks anyways!