Re: Question on info - files

From: Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: Re: Question on info - files
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 17:34:54 +0100

Hi Mike,

thanks for the pointer - this fixes a part of my problems, the "regular" octave operation (in a terminal window) is working for me now, including access to the documentation.

However, as soon as I start octave with

octave --force-gui

and switch to the "Documentation" slider, I can click exactly once on any of the help - topics, then the gui freezes completely.

Help only via "kill -9" or similar operations. I thought this might be related to the original issue, hence I waited prior to rising this topic here, but it isn't. Though I applied your patch, the gui - behaviour remains the same.

Anyone having any idea regarding this one? Can I help tracking down the problem? Please let me know.

Thank you very much,

take care

Dieter Jurzitza

\

/\_/\ |

\ /- \_/

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font

with constant spacing like courier! :-)