Re: Octave and CUDA

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave and CUDA
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:52:05 -0500

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 21:29 -0800, mpender wrote:
> I had hoped to be able to implement a package or similar CUDA
> implementation for Octave to get broader interest in the Octave
> community. Now I am starting to think my goal may be too ambitious
> for the moment.

Are you using a known free CUDA runtime? I don't know of any other
than gdev. Is it working well enough already?

The lack of a widespread free CUDA runtime is a prerequisite before we
can get any sort of CUDA acceleration into Octave as an OF package or
into Octave itself. What about Clover and OpenCL, is that viable
instead?

- Jordi G. H.