Re: How to open octave 3.8 GUI?

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: How to open octave 3.8 GUI?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:05:08 -0800 (PST)

vinukn wrote
> Are you using mxe build of octave? It does not work with windows 8.

That's intriguing.

I ran 3.7.7+ with GUI on Win 8 (until we had to reinstall Win7as other
applications didn't yet run in Win8).

All I had to do is adapt the Properties (right click on the desktop or Start
menu item (if you use a Start menu add-in, like e.g. Iobit) and add the -i
--line-editing flag.
Make sure you call octave-gui.exe rather than octave.

Philip