Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 08:18:55 +0000

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 4:46 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sunday, February 23, 2014 01:53 AM, Carnë Draug wrote:
Hi everyone

a new release of the fem-fenics package is out, version 0.0.1, by
Marco Vassallo. Enjoy Octave responsibly.

Carnë

Hi,

Thanks!

When doing

pkg install fem-fenics -forge

I got these errors.

checking dolfin.h usability... no
checking dolfin.h presence... no
checking for dolfin.h... no

My fenics is self-compiled and installed under /usr/local and hence dolfin.h is in /usr/local/include. So it seems pkg is not looking into /usr/local for the headers. Can something like -I/usr/local/include be passed to it?

Hi,

it could be that Eigen or mpi, which are necessary for dolfin, are not installed in a "normal" directory.

Please read the discusion here [1].

The solutions seems to be to set the CPPFLAGS as follow

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/eigen3 $(mpicxx -showme:compile)"

Marco

[1] http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/FORGE-Fem-fenics-installation-fails-td4661997.html

Regards,
ST