Differences between machines again

From: Damian Harty
Subject: Differences between machines again
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:54:37 +0000

O Learned Denizens,

I have a similar sort of problem but different to last time.

Octave 3.6.2 with optim 1.2.2 loaded. Windows 7 64 Bit.

Nelder Mead Min fitting in a command file. Identical input files, identical
command files.

Works fine on my machine. Has done for some time. Bails out early on the other
machine - if I animate the fitting I can see the point where his bails out and
mine carries on.

Fit tolerances set on the command line that calls it.

Suggestions as to why one machine would reach a different conclusion to another?

Thanks in advance,

Damian
CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this email communication is
confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly
error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy all copies of
this communication, including all attachments.