http authentication in urlread/urlwrite

From: Hanan Rosemarin
Subject: http authentication in urlread/urlwrite
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 03:15:45 +0300

hi

I'm rying to use urlread/urlwrite to access files stored on a sharepoint server which requires http authentication. the urlread/urlwrite functions return with an error (function error msg does not specify the error, but looking at the returned html code I see 401 error - i,e, http unauthorized request).

I tried accessing the files with the supplied curl utility (mxe octave windows dist) and got the same results.

I solved the problem by adding "--anyauth --negotiate -u : " to curl.
Currently instead of invoking urlread in octave I'm using system("curl --anyauth --negotiate -u : -s -S http://url_address")

I suggest adding the equivalent curl options to the url_transfer function which would solve authentication when required, without affecting the current functionality

-

Hanan