Windows UI style of uigetfile

From: Yu Liu
Subject: Windows UI style of uigetfile
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:41:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
    I just realized that uigetfile is already a core function of Octave and
it allows multiple file selection. It works very well for me. I am curious
whether it is possible to use a Windows-File-Explorer style user interface
when I run uigetfile. For example, I couldn't find a way sort the files by
date, filename, etc in the default Fl_File_Chooser window, and it is also
missing some of the functions provided by Windows File Explorer.
    I used to use the uigetfile function written by Knut
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/uigetfile-for-Windows-td1606943.html
    It calls a windows API to get the filename, so it naturally opens up
windows file explorer. But Knut's version of uigetfile doesn't seem to allow
multiple file selection, although windows API allows it.
    If you think it makes sense to add windows file explorer as one of the
GUI options for uigetfile, what would be the best way to implement it. I
have limited knowledge of programming, but would like to give it a try. Any
suggestions will be appreciated.

Best,
Yu