Re: Dicom package on Mac OS X

From: Miloslav
Subject: Re: Dicom package on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 05:43:30 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your response.
"sudo make install" indeed created all the necessary files.

You were right that I forgot to export the installation path. Nevertheless,
after doing it now and checking with "echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH" (which gives
/usr/local/lib) there is still the same error in the installation of the
package.

I also tried to export the path to the header files with the commands that
you suggested. No change. I still get the same error when trying to install
the Dicom package:

>> pkg install dicom-0.1.1.tar.gz
dicominfo.cpp:45:33: fatal error: gdcm-2.0/gdcmReader.h: No such file or
directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [dicominfo.o] Error 1
mkoctfile -c  -g dicominfo.cpp

pkg: error running `make' for the dicom package.
error: called from 'configure_make' in file
/usr/local/octave/3.8.0/share/octave/3.8.0/m/pkg/private/configure_make.m
near line 82, column 9
error: called from:
error:   /usr/local/octave/3.8.0/share/octave/3.8.0/m/pkg/private/install.m
at line 199, column 5
error:   /usr/local/octave/3.8.0/share/octave/3.8.0/m/pkg/pkg.m at line 394,
column 9

I can see that there is gdcmReader.h located in the directory
/usr/local/include/gdcm-2.0, so I don't understand why is it not able to
find it. The path to the file must be still wrong somewhere.