mldivide function in C++ API

From: Mi Yan
Subject: mldivide function in C++ API
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 16:40:58 -0400

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a physics student who just starts to use Octave. I am programming in C++ and want to use the powerful built-in functions in Octave. I followed the standalone program guideline on your website (http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html). I can run the function norm (Fnorm) with the sample code successfully. But now I want to use the function mldivide in Octave. I tried ColumnVector x=Fmldivide (A,b), where A is a Octave matrix and b is a vector. But there are errors as follow.

main.cpp: In function 'int main()':

main.cpp:23:26: error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'const octave_value_list&' from _expression_ of type 'Matrix'

In file included from main.cpp:3:0:

/usr/local/octave/3.8.0/include/octave-3.8.0/octave/../octave/builtin-defun-decls.h:198:1: error: in passing argument 1 of 'octave_value_list Fmldivide(const octave_value_list&, int)'

Can you please help me to figure it our? Thank you so much!

Bests,
Mi
--

Mi Yan