Re: mat file format for classdef objects

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: mat file format for classdef objects
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 12:34:26 -0400

On Sun, 2014-06-08 at 00:27 -0700, Antony Lee wrote:
> I would like to know if the Octave-team has been able to
> reverse-engineer, at least partially, the .mat format, for classdef
> objects.

There's no need to reverse engineer, the mat format is a public spec:

    http://www.mathworks.com/help/pdf_doc/matlab/matfile_format.pdf

We just haven't implemented this in Octave, because our classdef
support isn't complete either.

If you just want to read and write mat files and you don't care
whether Octave supports them or not, there's a standalone matio
library you can use:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/matio/

- Jordi G. H.