Re: installing java and apache for using spreadsheet I/O

From: Markus Bergholz
Subject: Re: installing java and apache for using spreadsheet I/O
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 21:58:15 +0200

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM, rcharan51 <address@hidden> wrote:
I am using excel2007

Now I'm on my thinkpad. My last mail was written from mobile.

So if you're using Excel2007, just easily save your sheets as .xlsx file.
xlsread from io package should read it without any dependencies!
Philip has alread mentioned this on his last mail! So I don't understand what you guys here are experimenting with old octave versions and slow bloat java libraries?

I've written a new section on the io page in the wiki (section 1)
http://wiki.octave.org/IO_package
I hope that will bring it to mind.

cheers!

Someone please help  me how to get octave read and write excel on any
windows OS using any Octave version