problem with using LIBRA rsimpls in Octave

From: patrick
Subject: problem with using LIBRA rsimpls in Octave
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:33:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am new to Octave and would like to use a few functions that are in MATLAB
package LIBRA with Octave.

https://wis.kuleuven.be/stat/robust/Programs/LIBRA/download-links

I have the LIBRA .m files all in my working directory.  I am assuming the
actual data doesn't matter (so don't provide these) as any will return the
error below.

# data dimensions:
size(x)
ans =   21    7
size(y)
ans =  21    1

# here is the error:

rsimpls(x, y)
error: strmatch: S must be a string
error: called from:
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/strings/strmatch.m at line 61, column 5

Has anyone else tried to use functions in the LIBRA package in Octave?

Thank you for any insight as to why stmatch doesn't think the input in the
following is a string:

index=strmatch(list(counter,:),chklist,'exact');%contains the users input
one by one  # line 61 of rsimpls.m

Thank you.