Question about network drives with Octave on Windows 7

From: jy . bourmaud
Subject: Question about network drives with Octave on Windows 7
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:59:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I am currently trying GNU Octave 3.8.1 on Windows 7 (setup configured for
i686-w64-mingw32). I got the setup from http://mxeoctave.osuv.de/

I am a newby in Octave, so my question may sound rather stupid. Sorry in
advance : when I simply try to change directory within “C:”, it works, but I
cannot access the network drives using the same way (e.g. cd 'V:' for V which
is a remote disk located somewhere on a server).

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just impossible to use remote disks ? I
used to use another flavor of Octave for Windows (Octave Workshop), and it
worked on that platform, so I am a bit confused.

Best regards.
JY Bourmaud.