Re: Critical error octave

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Critical error octave
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 09:15:26 +0100

On 26.11.2014 15:29, Joke Sanders wrote:
> It states: The settings file
> C:/Users/eigenaar/.config/octave/qt-settings does not exist and can not
> be created. Make sure you have read and write permissions to
> C:/Users/eigenaar/.config/octave          Octave GUI must be closed now.

We were talking on IRC and you should provide all informations you have.
If I recall correctly:

* You are using Windows Vista

* You are using the installer from http://mxeoctave.osuv.de/

* You've also tried the portable Archive but you get the same error.

* You're able to create a textfile in C:/Users/eigenaar/.config/octave,
write "hello world" into it and save it.

* You are running the installer as user and you've also tried to run the
installer as administrator (right click on installer, run as)

The message comes from
http://hg.octave.org/octave/file/281a36ad4907/libgui/src/resource-manager.cc#l225

You'see there, that we check for QSettings allocation, if the file
exists (have you tried to create the whole path
C:/Users/eigenaar/.config/octave/qt-settings and run it again), if the
file is writable and if the status is okay.

-- Andy