Difference in the output of lsim()/impulse() between Octave and Matlab

From: rocketsound
Subject: Difference in the output of lsim()/impulse() between Octave and Matlab
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 12:27:02 -0800 (PST)

I just noticed that the output generated by lsim()/impulse() heavily differ
between Octave and Matlab. An example (you can download it  here
<http://pastebin.com/GQFgRJGG>  , too):

For Matlab R2014a I get:

For Octave 3.8.2 (mxe-build, with control 2.6.5) I get:

Also, as you see in the plot that opens, the simulation results aren't
comparable.

lsim_Octave.png
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4667588/lsim_Octave.png>
lsim_Matlab.png
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4667588/lsim_Matlab.png>

So my question: Is this a bug or am I missing something? Since I'm porting a
lot of stuff from Matlab to Octave I'm really interessted in those details
and I'm thankful for some help.