Re: Plot looking bad

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Plot looking bad
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:18:42 +0100

On 10.12.2014 14:04, Huub wrote:
> Using Fedora 21 and Octave 3.8.2 on a pc with nVidia video NV34 chipset,
> I want to do a simple plot:
> x = linspace(0, pi);
> plot(sin(2*x));
> Instead of a sine plot, I get the result in the attachment. I got a
> similar result using Fedora 20 with same Octave version. Does this mean
> that Octave (or plot) doesn't support this video chipset anymore ?

The default graphics_toolkit is FLTK which uses OpenGL to draw plots.

Is your OpenGL setup okay? Does "glxinfo | grep direct" show "direct
rendering: Yes". Can you run "glxgears" without problems? What version
is your libfltk? What happens if you move the window out of the screen
and back again?

Andy