Re: Some questions about LTFAT wavelets

From: peter
Subject: Re: Some questions about LTFAT wavelets
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 10:34:48 -0000

> In attempting to find an implementation of the fast wavelet transform, I
> downloaded and installed the LTFAT package, which has what looks to be a
> fairly full-featured wavelets module.
>
>    1. Without going through all the wfilt_* functions, is there a list of
>    all the wavelets and wavelet families supported by LTFAT?
The best place to look is probably just the overview of the Contents file:

http://ltfat.sourceforge.net/doc/wavelets/index.php

here you can see a list of all of them.

>    2. On some wavelets, wfiltinfo produces errors.  For example:
>    wfiltinfo('dden5') gives a nice figure full of graphs, but
> wfiltinfo('db4')
>    produces one graph, and then:
>
>    error: cellfun: dimensions mismatch
>    error: called from:
>    error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/plot/appearance/axis.m at line 348,
>    column 14
>    error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/plot/appearance/axis.m at line 374,
>    column 8
>    error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/plot/appearance/axis.m at line 231,
>    column 7
>    error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/plot/appearance/axis.m at line 149,
>    column 7
>    error:   /usr/share/octave/packages/ltfat-2.0.1/wavelets/wfiltinfo.m at
>    line 81, column 1
>
>    What's going on here, and how do I overcome it?

Hmm... I can't reproduce it. Which operating system are you using? Have
you installed any other wavelet toolboxes? Perhaps there is a name clash
with some external function.

Cheers,
Peter.