Re: image 2.4.0 released

From: Daniel
Subject: Re: image 2.4.0 released
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 01:05:49 -0400

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone

a new release of the image package [1] is out, version 2.4.0, by Carnë Draug.
A summary of important user-visible changes is also available online [2].

The image package provides functions for image processing, including
feature extraction, image statistics, spatial and geometric transformations,
morphological operations, linear filtering, and much more.

Enjoy Octave responsibly,
Carnë

[1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/
[2] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/NEWS.html
Hi,

I am asking because I am interested in knowing the proper/right way of studying programming/organization.
I am trying to understand how Octave source and packages organized in general. I have a very basic question, for example,
The image 2.4 package news mentioned "* The image package is no longer dependent on the signal package."
If I want to know what changes resulted in the elimination of the dependency, where shall I start?
I would think of looking into the differences of the source between image2.4 and previous version.
But I am not sure if this is the best way to do it. Even yes, how shall I do it?
Is there any specific tools that I can use?
I can only think of using diff/vimdiff to check each files.

Daniel