Re: Matlab P file opening in Octave

From: Markus Bergholz
Subject: Re: Matlab P file opening in Octave
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 16:09:13 +0200

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

On 3 May 2015, at 09:29, Ákos Kovács <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I use Octave and have a Matlab made P file (protected function file). How can I open it, use it with Octave? Are there any method to convert it maybe or get content from it?
>
> Thanks in advance!

No, there is no way of doing that.
The purpose of P files is exactly that: the author/distributor does NOT want you to see the contents of the file.

well, a p-function is ofuscated not encrypted. With a lot of freetime and motivation... :D

Your best option is probably to contact the function author and try to convince her to distribute the source code.
c.