Re: string serialization of builtin datatypes

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: string serialization of builtin datatypes
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 19:51:07 +0200

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 05:56:14PM +0100, Carnë Draug wrote:
> An alternative package is the parallel package --- maybe I'm a bit blind by
> associating serialization with having multiple octave processes working
> together over the network.

Yes, we need transmission of variables in the parallel package. But
this is already in place, using the save_binary() and load_binary()
methods of Octaves data types. That is the more suitable method here,
and the aspect of readability by humans plays no role in this
application. So, although principally applicable, not needed in the
parallel package.

Olaf