mkoctfile command not found, from linux shell prompt

From: shravan61
Subject: mkoctfile command not found, from linux shell prompt
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 18:18:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have octave installed, I can open the tool and run simulations. But when I
try to compile cpp files to create oct files, I can only do it octave tool
but not from linux shell.

I want to create a makefile to compile bunch of cpp files to create oct
files. I want to run the makefile from linux shell prompt. When I try to do
this, I get an error saying "mkoctfile command not found".

May I know how to setup mkoctfile to run from linux command line?

Thanks
Shravan