Re: How to use Notepad++ as an interactive editor for Octave?

From: Paryshaan
Subject: Re: How to use Notepad++ as an interactive editor for Octave?
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 21:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

tmacchant wrote
> Please try
> cmd /c D:\Octave-4\bin\octave-cli.exe --persist  -i -q
> $(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)

I tried this. The results are shown in the interactive NppExec console and
it interacts as previous and plot window is shown now.
The clc command didn't clear the NppExec console screen as previous and i
think it should be solved within NppExec.
available_graphics_toolkits results to:{[1,1] = fltk  [1,2] = gnuplot}
which in octave-cli mode it results to:{[1,1] = fltk  [1,2] = gnuplot  [1,3]
= qt}
It is solved by replacing 'octave-gui.exe --no-gui' instead of
'octave-cli.exe' in the above command. I mean:
cmd /c D:\Octave-4\bin\octave-gui.exe --no-gui --persist  -i -q
$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)

The default graphics_toolkit is fltk and its window cannot be closed except
exiting octave. But when i changed it to gnuplot using
graphics_toolkit('gnuplot') it can be closed.

It’s founded that when the graphics_toolkit is gnuplot the plot window is
shown in the previous method without 'cmd /c', i mean:
D:\Octave-4\bin\octave-cli.exe --persist  -i -q $(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)
But the fltk and qt plot windows will not be shown and using 'cmd /c' are
shown and cannot be closed.

These behavior as i remember is similar to  GUIOctave
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/GUI-Octave-td3298086.html#a3303657>
package from Joaquim Varandas.

Totally I think we can concentrate on how to clear screen using 'clc' and
finding other problems in using Npp and NppExec.

Thanks for your attention
Rouhollah

-----
Paryshaan