RE: SIMULATION

From: Andreas Stahel
Subject: RE: SIMULATION
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 09:36:19 +0200

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 11:36 AM, a <address@hidden> wrote:

    Hello, I am new to Octave and programming.

    I am studying Electrical Engineering and I have to learn octave for a
university assignment in which I have to design a mini wind mill that generates
electricity. I have to simulate everything using Octave before I actually start
my design so that i can decide things like optimum surface area of wind mill
arms for best energy generation and greater efficiency. I only have 2 months to
do this project which isn't much taking into consideration I have 7 other
subjects. So i want to make my learning experience as speedily as possible and
directed to what I need to do.

    Can anyone please suggest some good documentation or learning material
which can direct my learning experience in the direction of my project baring
in mind my time constrain and the fact that I am new to programming.

    Thank you.

Dear William Becerra

Your tsak very likely consists of at least two parts:
first find the model (the equations) decribing your mechanical/electrical
problem
second solve those equations with the help of Octave

For the first part you will most likely have to use information provided in
class, for the sencond part use
Octave documentation.

For the students at my school I run a class on how to use Octave, find the
lectrure notes at

https://staff.ti.bfh.ch/sha1/Labs/PWF/Documentation/OctaveAtBFH.pdf

With best regrads

Andreas Stahel