Re: 3d plotting of measured data

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: 3d plotting of measured data
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 13:02:05 -0400

On 07/24/2015 02:14 AM, Jan-Peter Schümann wrote:

What I do not like about this solution is filesize, the fact that I have to reduce my data points to approx 100 to reduce graphics size to 2MB and the fact that the "surface" looks like it has been made out of many little coloured tiles. And of course, it takes quite a while to compile the .m-file.

The question is: does anybody know a better way of doing this?

The figure you included in your email is a png file of 831x483 pixels, looks fairly decent, and as a size of 225kB. Is that still too large? You can drop the resolution further using imagemagick ( convert figure3.png -resize 540x480 f.png), or generating the figure at lower pixel density in the first place.