Re: displaying an image

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: displaying an image
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 12:00:46 -0400

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 10:39 AM, James Sherman Jr. <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:25 PM, lana frankle <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does Octave have the MATLAB function of displaying an image?  I'm trying toW
<snip>

P.S.  I just noticed that you image name is a bit ... odd.  Are you
sure that your image file has the suffix ".img"?  Usual suffixes are
.jpg, .jpeg, or .png.  I'm not familiar with the .img format, and I
wonder if that might be a typo.

.IMG is an image format, usually used by proprietary image generation routines. A quick google search turned up the following:
http://www.imageconverterplus.com/how-to-convert/img-jpg/

"There are several variations of the IMG format. It is not a universal format and depends on the software or device that created it. Originally the IMG format was designed for the GEM Paint Program. IMG can be a CD or a DVD mage file similar to an ISO file; it can be an archival format for floppy disks; an image generated by MAC, etc. Its characteristics vary as well, and depending on the format style it supports from 1 up to 24 bits per pixel. Since this image format is very diverse compatibility is the main issue involved. "

SO... it sounds like after getting used to finding and loading your image files, you might have to find a way to convert your image from the IMG format to something Octave can recognize.  I'm not even certain that Matlab can directly open an IMG file, since it seems to be a non-standard format.  Perhaps the system that produced the files also has available image conversion software available?

Nick J.