Re: Help - linestyleorder in chart

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Help - linestyleorder in chart
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:22:25 -0500

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Ivo Vinklárek <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem with oder of lines in chart.
When I write code
[a]=plot(x , y1, '+', 'markersize', 10, x, y2, 'linewidth', 4),
I would expect that the data with marker '+' will be on the bottom and data with '-' will be on the top, but it is the opposite. I tried to change order in skript and etc. to change it, but I nothing changed it.

Could you help me, please, how to change order?

Thanks
Ivo

Just as the examples in the help for the plot command show, the normal behavior is for the first specified dataset to be first in the list, starting from the top of the legend.  i.e., the help example:

>> t = 0:0.1:6.3;
>> plot (t, cos(t), "-;cos(t);", t, sin(t), "-b;sin(t);");

puts the cos(t) function first at the top of the list.

if you want them in a reverse order, i believe you need to specify them in that order.

nickj