Re: symbolic 2.2.3 released

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: symbolic 2.2.3 released
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 17:59:50 -0500

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 2:23 AM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks for the work and the new version!
 I have a question: is there a sort of tutorial/manual with some examples for the commands?

Thanks
Karl

I put these there for you to play with.
If there are other commands that you want a demo for, just ask here and I will help you if i can!!!

--
@Karl, was that helpful?

Please help us make the wiki better by giving us feed back.

DAS

--
DAS

Doug, thanks, I knew this page already, but for many functions only the definition is given,  i.e. h = ezplot3 (f1, f2,f3). Here one has to try out how it works, a simple
one-line example to get it working and then to play around would be very helpful. Maybe some people can see it easily how to use these functions, but I often need an example to
get me going.

I see this but I don't see the connection  with symbolic. There is the reference to non-symbolic ezplot3 where I see this
example with no symbolic functions.

OK I get your point!
I will make a demo. probable take me 2-3hrs  as i am doing other things also.

Here is a simple demo   I hope it helps.
There are other ways to do this  --- this is just one try.

syms   t
t=.1:.01:5;
x=function_handle(sym("t**2"))
y=function_handle(sym("t/0.33"))
z=function_handle(sym("cos(t) +sin(t)*cos(t) +t"))
ezplot3(x,y,z)

This example that I made is actually very bad!!!

This is much better

syms   t
x=t**2
y=t
z=cos(t)**2 +sin(t)*cos(t) +t/100
ezplot3(x,y,z,[0 10],55)

the term  [0 10]   is the range that is used for t
and the 55 is the number of points to make in that range.

--
DAS