Re: Octave: symbolic 2.2.3 released

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave: symbolic 2.2.3 released
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 11:34:33 -0500

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 18:22:10 +0200, Constantine Frangos wrote:
> Thanks for the fast response. I used synaptic package manager
> (on ubuntu 14.04) to install SymPy, and the version that appears
> in the package manager is SymPy 0.7.4.
>
> How can I install SymPy 0.7.5 via the synaptic package manager ?
>
> (I do not want to risk damaging the linux installation).

If you are on Ubuntu 14.04, then 0.7.4 is the version you get. If you
are willing to upgrade to a non-LTS version, 15.10 has SymPy 0.7.6. Or
if you are willing to wait until 16.04 LTS, 5 months from now, it will
have 0.7.6 or newer.

Or you can install locally, using pip in a virtualenv for example, which
goes outside of the system package management facility.

--
mike