Re: Octave: Install Video Package in Windows

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Octave: Install Video Package in Windows
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 10:37:57 +0100

Am 04.01.2016 um 14:41 schrieb Yon Kahlon:
> I've been trying to get the video package installed on Octave. I am
> running Windows 7. I'm trying to install v1.2.1, and I get this error:
> "configure: error: Package requirements (libavutil) were not met:"
>
> I have tried several things, but nothing has worked so far, and I was
> wondering if someone has managed to get this working?

I've updated the instructions:
http://wiki.octave.org/Video_package#using_official_mxe-build_and_ffmpeg_binaries

I assume you've installed the official 4.0.0 MXE-Octave build. Please
answer here if you have any trouble.

> Andy said that an alternative solution would be to download ffmpeg dev
> files, but I am not sure what to do with them? I've merged the ffmpeg
> "lib" and "include" folder with that of Octave. But that didn't fix the
> issue when installing the video package.

See the instructions in the wiki. pkg-config doesn't find the headers
and libs so you'll have to patch configure.ac and run ./bootstrap or use
the patched version until I'll merge them.

-- Andy