Re: Need quick start on plotting 3D points

From: Bob001
Subject: Re: Need quick start on plotting 3D points
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 15:07:34 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, That's the kind of info I was looking for. However I'm still having
problems.
When I enter the "p=load filename" command, I get a syntax error:

octave-3.4.0:9> p=load dfile1.txt
parse error:

  syntax error

>>> p=load dfile1.txt
                ^

If I just enter "load filename" then there is no syntax error. So I assume
that it's finding the file. But my data must be in the wrong format.

I've tried formatting the file data several different ways:
1. Three numbers per line, space delimited;
2. Three numbers per line, comma delimited;
3. Matrix format: data within each row separated with commas, each row
separated with semicolons and square brackets around the whole thing

None of these worked. How should I be formatting my data?