Graphics toolkit issues

From: AdamG
Subject: Graphics toolkit issues
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 20:41:20 -0800 (PST)

I am having issues plotting with Octave. If I run it normally and try to
plot, I get errors saying "insufficient GL support". I tried to switch the
graphics toolkit to gnuplot, by using the following commands:

register_graphics_toolkit ("gnuplot")
graphics_toolkit ("gnuplot")

Unfortunately, I get an error from the second command. It says "error:
__init_gnuplot__: the gnuplot program is not available, see
'gnuplot_binary'". This doesn't make sense because I have gnuplot installed.
It's version 4.6. I'm running Slitaz Linux. It's possible that the package
has a bug, but I don't know. Any ideas?