warning: package ovtoolbox is empty

From: Joseph C Slater, PhD, PE
Subject: warning: package ovtoolbox is empty
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 15:12:25 -0500

Whomever might be able to help:

I'm trying to move to follow convention and also add easy updating
/installation for the Octave version of my (originally Matlab) Engineering
Vibration Toolbox.

Unfortunately, when I try to perform "pkg install" with either a zip (created
by github) or tgz, I get the following:

octave:17> pkg install ovtoolbox-master.zip
warning: package ovtoolbox is empty

While I admit my vast shortcomings as a programmer, I'm pretty sure the package
isn't empty. What does this error actually mean?

The package is nominally the zip file downloaded from

https://github.com/josephcslater/ovtoolbox

Note: This is a branch for the main repository. The main doesn't yet try to be
a formal package.

Thanks,
Joe