Re: uicontrol fails to callback

From: Octave User
Subject: Re: uicontrol fails to callback
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 07:00:43 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you very much for your reply. I did paste the wrong error message.

As below, when I execute roboticsc
<http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/25855-plot-and-animate-robot/content/FK.m>

, the error message is

*error: handles to nested functions are not yet supported
error: called from
    roboticsc at line 20 column 2
error: evaluating argument list element number 4
error: called from
    roboticsc at line 20 column 2 *

due to

*uicontrol('sty','pu','callback',@pp,'string','Go','backgroundcolor','w')*

when I execute myui at  matlab uicontrol example page
<https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/uicontrol.html?searchHighlight=uicontrol%20example>

,

the error message is

*error: handles to nested functions are not yet supported
error: called from
    uicontrolTest at line 8 column 11
error: evaluating argument list element number 8
error: called from
    uicontrolTest at line 8 column 11
*

due to

* popup = uicontrol('Style', 'popup',...
           'String', {'parula','jet','hsv','hot','cool','gray'},...
           'Position', [20 340 100 50],...
           'Callback', @setmap);  *

Due to your remind, now I am going to study the real problem, the
unsupported nested function. Thank you very much. It would be appreciated if
you can point out a direction on how to solve it.