csvread

From: Jonathan Camilleri
Subject: csvread
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 16:01:34 +0200

I think I am missing something as I try to read a CSV file to a matrix of some sort.

>> addpath('C:\Users\slyth_000\Downloads\temp\M.Sc\data-sets\eurofxref')
>> x = csvread('eurofxref.csv')
error: dlmread: unable to open file 'eurofxref.csv'
error: called from
    csvread at line 34 column 5
>> help csvread
'csvread' is a function from the file C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\share\octave\4.0.0\m\io\csvread.m

 -- Function File: X = csvread (FILENAME)
 -- Function File: X = csvread (FILENAME, DLM_OPTS)
     Read the comma-separated-value file FILENAME into the matrix X.

     This function is equivalent to

          X = dlmread (FILENAME, "," , ...)

     See also: csvwrite, dlmread, dlmwrite.

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the online version of the manual.  Use the command
'doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
mailing list.

Reference
1. http://octave.sourceforge.net/octave/function/csvread.html

--
Jonathan Camilleri
encs

I usually reply to emails within 2 business days.  If it's urgent, give me a call.