Re: error: load: unable to determine file format of 't_lines.m'

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: error: load: unable to determine file format of 't_lines.m'
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 21:36:19 -0400

On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 08:18:35 -0700, cowcowmoomoo wrote:
> I got this error when using the load function to load a script that resides
> in the same folder I am working from. It seems pretty strange to me that
> Octave can't recognize a .m file....Any idea why this may be happening? I
> can provide more info as needed.

No need to provide more information. The load function is used to load
data arrays into Octave's workspace. Functions defined in m-files simply
need to appear on the path and they can be called, no need to load
anything. Just make sure your file t_lines.m is on the path, and call
t_lines.

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Function-Files.html

--
mike