Impulse function and it's arguments

From: Aleksandar Arsovic
Subject: Impulse function and it's arguments
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 01:18:28 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing with regards to a impulse() function implemented in Octave.

I have a system defined with differential equation. It seems to me that my differential equation is LTI model, is that true?

Now, how can I create sys variable so I can use it as an argument in impulse(sys) function?

I understand that sys variable is LTI model for the system, but I don't understand what it actually represents (an array, matrix...), could You explain that a bit?

Also I understood that impulse() function is supposed to plot (or return) system response to Dirac function (like in Matlab), if that is not the case, could You please explain the usage of the function.

Thank You in advance,
Aleksandar Arsovic