Re: Error installing control v3.0.0 package on El Capitan

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Error installing control v3.0.0 package on El Capitan
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 13:07:57 -0700 (PDT)

sambeedell wrote
> Hello everyone,
>
> I recently installed Octave using the binary installer found on this site:
> http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X
>
> I then tried to install the control package using 'pkg install -forge
> control' but it gave me the error 'pkg: error running `make' for the
> control package.'. I have gone through most of the threads regarding this
> error but with no success.

The most recent binary can be found at
http://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_Homebrew. The other
binary is outdated. The new one might give some warning but should allow you
to install control with 'pkg install -forge control'.

Of course, Macports should also work but I cannot give support since I am
not using it.