Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 15:37:11 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Jeffrey Tsang
>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA ; Nicholas Jankowski
>Cc: "address@hidden"
>Date: 2016/5/25, Wed 13:13
>Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions
>

>Here's a simple script that crashes Octave GUI all the time.
>

>clear; close all; clc
>

>x = [1; 2; 3; 4];
>>y = x;
>>

>>plot(x, y, 'rx', 'MarkerSize', 10);
>>fprintf('Program paused. Press enter to continue.\n');
>>pause;
>

>The steps to reproduce is:
>

>    1. cd the to directory that contains the script.
>    2. Run the script.
>    3. When you see "Program paused. Press enter to continue", press CTRL-C
>twice.
>    4. Now, you should see "Press Control-C again to abort.".
>    5. Press CTRL-C again. Then Octave GUI crashes.
>

>However, this simple script does not crash Octave CLI. But my other complex
>scripts crash both CLI and GUI all the time. In fact, it was the
>octave-gui.exe that crashes when CTRL-C is pressed inside both CLI and GUI. I
>hope that gives you some clue where to look for the bug.
>

>Regards,
>

>Jeffrey

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44470

Please participate in discussion in the above tracker.
If you do not have accout for bug tracker, please resister from the below.
(Please go to "Login" on the left menu and goto "Login screen" and click [No
account yet?]
The you can create your account.)

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

Tatsuro