Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 09:25:45 -0700 (PDT)

dushanm-2 wrote
> Adam has expressed my feelings about this exactly.  I've not had Octave
> on our home iMac, running Mountain Lion X.8.5, for just the reasons he
> presents.  Even with a future move to Yosemite, I'd much appreciate a
> binary.  Another two cents worth.

As already metioned several times, there is dmg at

http://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_Homebrew

First link. We (actually it's mainly Ben) are currently debugging it. So
please help us. Once we are confident that it's working well, I will try to
convince John to advertise it on the main Octave page.

Feedback here or at the dedicated bugtracker:
https://github.com/schoeps/octave_installer/issues

Sebastian