Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 18:06:24 +0200

> Am 01.06.2016 um 03:08 schrieb Carlo De Falco <address@hidden>:
> On 1 Jun 2016, at 02:13, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> If anyone is running 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9, please help us out by
> trying the app and let us know if it works for you.
> Last time I tried it did not work on OSX 10.9.
> @Sebastian should I try again?

Yes please! The binaries are up to date (answering Ben's question). I recently
compiled them on a 10.10 virtual machine and tested them on 10.11.

I am not sure if they will work for 10.9. However, as discussed previously, I
suggest to drop support for 10.9 if it is a burden for us. The market share is
rather small and they can still compile Octave from scratch...

Bye
Sebastian