Re: [Fink-beginners] Octave-4.02 GUI crashed with every Plot command.

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [Fink-beginners] Octave-4.02 GUI crashed with every Plot command.
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 20:29:06 -0400

*** Switching to Octave’s help-list ***

> On Jun 8, 2016, at 5:31 PM, Alexander Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 8, 2016, at 14:11, Hans-Jürgen Greif <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After very long  time octave-4.02 arrived and every single plot command
>> crashed octave-4.02.  That program is total unusable.
>>
>> I have send  meantime 20 emails to apple.
>> I have gnuplot and aquaterm 10 times removed and again installed.
>>
>> What can I do for a working octave 4.02?
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> Hans-Juergen Greif
>>

> I’m not sure why you’re emailing Fink, since I haven’t had the time or
> motivation to update Octave beyond 3.8.2.
>
> Maybe try the Octave mailing lists?
>
> --
> Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
> Fink User Liaison

Hi Hans,

Please tell us where you got your copy of Octave from (a link would be best).
Perhaps from the link below?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/2016-06-06-binary-octave-4.0.2/

Please type “graphics_toolkit” at Octave’s prompt to verify you are using
gnuplot.

What version of Mac OS X are you running?

What is your processor?

The answers to those last two question can be found under “About this Mac”.

Ben